Wednesday 7 December 2011

2nd Magic Mile Complete

Following the completion of my 1st Magic Mile last month, it was now a good opportunity to see if I could run faster to try and beat the previous time of 8 minutes 14 seconds.

I chose a morning run for my attempt.....bad move!  It was dark, cold, wet and the wind was in my face throughout making it quite unpleasant not to mention causing my earache to return early on in the attempt despite my tight fit earphones.  I also didn't feel as focused or determine and as a result I failed to beat my previous time, coming in 14 seconds slower this time around.

As a result at home it led me to unpack my 'buff' freebie that I got given at the Half Marathon event to see if I could get it into some kind of configuration that would cover my ears and not make me look stupid......not possible.....back to the drawing board for now...perhaps a proper headband is needed!

Anyway this run marked the end of week 8, I am now a 1/4 of the way through my current training programme to run a Marathon, the next few weeks will not be completely to the schedule as I'm away in London for a few days next week and then what with Christmas on the horizon I will just  be aiming to maintain my current level of fitness before resuming my plan when January arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment